Saturday 18 August 2012

Another Time (Thunderstone)

If you enjoy this song, please be respectful of its creators by buying it.

A long time ago, I fell obsessively in love with a feisty and extremely intelligent young woman, but unfortunately she took me for a stalker and that was the end of that. She turned out, in the end, to have been something of a fraud herself, but not before she had exerted a deeply formative and beneficial influence on me. In fact, it could even be said that she is indirectly responsible for the understanding I have of the universe today. In any case, I have already written the treatment for a novel that was inspired by her, and as fiction anyway, it is a story I have a lot of faith in.

One Christmas, I made a compilation CD for her, with the most painstaking care, although I question whether she even listened to it. This was one of the songs on it, and here is what I wrote about it for her in the liner notes.

"To me, this song echoes the timid hope that forever seems to exist despite the horrific evils perpetrated by humanity. The rarer such a delicate and indispensible thing is, the more precious it tends to be."

Check it out on YouTube

No comments:

Post a Comment